Assam MODI Scheme :- The CM Himanta Biswa Sarma introduced the MODI work in Assam. MODI Most Outstanding District Initiative is its full name. The state government is attempting to enhance the cleanliness of every district in Assam through this MODI Initiative (Swachh Zila Puraskar 2023). In this article you get every information regarding this MODI Initiative in the Assam such as objective, countable parameters, benefits and winner announced.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was initially introduced by Indian Prime Minister Modi. The MODI Initiative Swachh Zila Puraskar 2023 will continue that tradition. While introducing the 2023 annual budget, CM Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the MODI scheme. The district with the best overall cleanliness, measured by factors like 100% door to door collection, waste separation, establishment and operation of solid waste processing plant, removal of legacy waste, installation of sewage treatment plant (STP) and used water management will receive the Most Outstanding District Initiative award.
Overview of Assam MODI Scheme 2023
|Scheme Name||MODI Initiative|
|Full form of MODI Scheme||Most Outstanding District Initiative|
|Announced By||CM Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Announced On||Annual Budget Launching|
|Aim of the Initiative||Run a drive of cleanliness|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Assam|
|Official Website||Launched Soon|
Objective of Assam MODI Scheme 2023
The state of Assam has launched an innovative scheme called MODI Most Outstanding District Initiative with the goal of transforming district level solid waste management and sanitation practices.
Benefits of Assam MODI Scheme 2023
The list of the benefits of this scheme is given below:
- The Assam MODI Initiative will contribute to improving the cleanliness of the state’s several districts.
- The state government of Assam announces a reward of 100 crore rupees for the development of infrastructure in the winning district.
- The State Government will announce the results the first week of July 2024.
- Swachh Zila Puraskar Yojana has made it such that every district, particularly the inhabitants of the district, have duties to create a clean environment.
- The state government has included sewage treatment, garbage disposal and other criteria for the winners announcement in this initiative.
- The Modi Scheme rules will be published in Assam by the District Commissioner.
The list of the eligibility criteria of this scheme is given below:
- The applicant must be resident in Karnataka.
- Only female applicants who fall within the BPL or Antyodaya categories have their online applications approved.
- As a government employee, you are unable to support your family. The annual income must be less than Rs 2 lakh.
Countable Parameters in MODI Scheme
Results for the MODI Scheme will be released for all 108 Parameters. Following is a list of some of them.
- Overall Cleanliness
- Extensive Availability of Clean Drinking Water
- Solid Waste Management
- Efficient Waste Disposal
- Sewage Treatment
- Road Cleanliness
Reward Details of MODI Initiative
When introducing the MODI Scheme, CM Himanta Biswa Sarma stated that any district that wins the cleanliness push will receive 100 crore rupees as compensation. That will be put to use in the district’s development projects. The Assam State Government has begun the Amrit Brikha Andolan, a massive tree planting campaign in which participants will get cash rewards for each tree they plant.
Winner Announcement of Zila Puraskar 2023
The results of the MODI Initiative would be made public in the first week of April 2024, according to Assam CM Sarma. Because of this, every district in the state has the opportunity to take part in this campaign to promote cleanliness and get a prize from the state government of 100 crores.