Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023 – A new programme will be introduced by the Karnataka State Government for the state’s expectant mothers. The programme is known as the Karnataka Matrushree Scheme. The state government will offer pregnant women financial help through DBT as part of the Mathrupoorna Yojana. Mothers from Below Poverty Line BPL families are intended to get pregnancy assistance through this Maternity Benefit Scheme. We shall discuss the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme’s benefits, objective, eligibility criteria and application process in this post.
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
With a budget allocation of Rs 350 crores, the Mathru Shree plan was launched by the Karnataka State government on 1 November 2018. This monthly payout was steadily raised by the government and is presently fixed at one thousand rupees. Families expecting their first two children can participate in this programme. In addition to receiving Rs.1,000 each month throughout the 7, 8 and 9 months of her pregnancy the expecting woman will also get Rs.1,000 each month for the first three months following the birth of her child.
The funds are immediately sent into the Aadhaar linked bank accounts of pregnant women from BPL families for the three months prior to childbirth and into the bank accounts of nursing moms for the three months following childbirth. The Matru Poorna programme seeks to improve maternal health, which will have a positive impact on the nutritional condition of mothers and children.
Overview of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
|by CM HD Kumaraswamy
|Pregnant women from BPL families
|Providing financial assistance to pregnant women of BPL families
|Financial assistance will be provided to pregnant women of BPL families
|Karnataka Government Schemes
Objective for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
The Mathrupoorna Yojane is a programme whose objective is to guarantee that pregnant women, particularly those who reside in rural areas of the state have access to at least one nutritious meal each day.
Benefits for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
The benefits of this scheme is given below:
- On November 1, the state of Karnataka’s government announced the commencement of the Mathru Shree programme with a gradual allocation of Rs. 350 crores.
- Over the following five years, the government would progressively increase this monthly payment from Rs. 1,000.
- Every pregnant BPL mother will receive Rs. 6,000 from the Karnataka state government.
- The first two newborns will still only be eligible for the Karnataka Mathrushree Yojana.
- Third-child mothers will not be eligible for this programme.
The Eligibility Criteria for this scheme is given below:
- In Karnataka, the applicant must be a woman who is pregnant.
- The potential applicant must be from a BPL family.
- The applicant must have a bank account connected to their Aadhaar card.
- Only applies to the mother’s first two children.
The documents needed for this scheme is given below:
- Aadhar Card
- BPL Card
- Pregnancy Report
- Identity Card
- Bank Account Statement
- Residence Certificate
- Mobile Number
Registration Procedure for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
- To apply for this programme, you must first speak with staff at the Asha or Auxiliary Nurse Midwife centre that is closest to you.
- You have to fill the application and submit it to the supervisor or ANM for confirmation along with the necessary documents.