Check Out UDAN Scheme 2022 All Benefits, Features, Objectives & Implementation Process also Get information regarding UDAN Scheme Launch Dates
To make Air Travel affordable and extensive, the Govt of India has announced the ‘ Udedesh ka nagrik scheme, which is also known as UDAN Scheme. In this scheme, so many kinds of measures are taken in order to improve Air Travel. In this article we will cover all the important details about the scheme. And you will also get to know how you can take benefit from this UDAN scheme. Other than that you will also get details regarding its implementation procedure. So in order to grab each and every detail regarding the scheme you have to go through this article.
Objective of the UDAN scheme
The main objective of the UDAN Scheme is to connect small and medium cities with big cities via air service. In this scheme, cheap and affordable air travel facilities will be available for the citizens of the country. A lot of citizens will be able to travel via air transport at cheaper fares. The govt is going to supply subsidies in order to implement this scheme. This scheme will improve the standard of living in the country. On the other hand time and efforts will also be saved. Citizens can travel throughout the country in less time. This scheme will enable all the common citizens of the country to travel by plane. This scheme will also improve employment opportunities throughout the country.
Key Highlights of UDAN Scheme
|Name Of The Scheme||Udan Scheme|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Provide Affordable Air Travel Facility|
Launch Of UDAN Scheme
- In the year 2016, the union govt have announced a National civil aviation policy
- Udan scheme was a component of national civil aviation policy
- This scheme is also known as Ude Desh ka Aam nagrik
- The government has started this scheme in October 2016
- In the year April 2017, the first flight from Shimla to Delhi under the scheme was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself
- Under the scheme, the Government of India compensates in the form of viability gap funding to airlines for losses due to low fares
- The airport authority of India has also waived off the airport fees
- State governments are also providing security, electricity and fire fighting facilities free of cost.
Implementation of UDAN Scheme
- In this scheme, the aviation company bid for the air route
- The company which ask for the lowest subsidy is awarded the contract
- Under this scheme the fare for each flight, the airline has to book half or a minimum of 9 or a maximum of 40 seats
- Through this scheme, small cities of the country will be connected with the country
- Presently the fare for travelling by taxi is Rs 10 per kilometre but under this scheme, the fare for 500 km air travel has been fixed at Rs 2500 only
- That means Rs 5 per kilometre which is less than the taxi travel cost
- With the implementation of this scheme, the time and money of the citizens of the country will be saved
- With the implementation of this scheme, employment is created in sectors like airport operation, aircraft maintenance, Air traffic control and technical staff
- Tourism will also be promoted through this scheme
- 46 important tourist spots have been selected under the scheme.
Benefits and Features of the Scheme
- UDAN Scheme is actually a regional airport development program which is launched by govt of India.
- It is basically a part of a regional connectivity scheme for upgrading the under-serviced air routes.
- Through this scheme, air travel will be made affordable and widespread.
- Air travel will be made cheaper and affordable and small towns will be connected with the big cities through this scheme.
- Around 60 lakh people have travelled by air for Rs 2500 only.
- Through this scheme, 1000 routes by air services will be connected.