CMHIS Nagaland 2023 :- The Chief Minister Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) is an important step toward achieving Nagaland’s 2030 Development Goal. This goal strives to guarantee that Nagaland citizens have access to fair, economical and high-quality medical care by 2030. Any permanent and indigenous residents of the state who are not enrolled in Ayushman Bharat or any other publicly funded insurance programme will get the benefit under the Scheme.
This Scheme is meant for the people of Nagaland and will be carried out in collaboration with the Central Government’s Ayushman Bharat scheme. In this article we will discuss about the CMHIS Nagaland Application, Registration, Benefits, etc.
CMHIS Nagaland 2023
Under the CMHIS Nagaland 2023 eligible beneficiaries are provided with health insurance coverage of up to Rs.5Lakh per family per year. The scheme covers the cost of hospitalization, surgical procedures, diagnostic tests and other medical expenses incurred during the treatment of an illness or injury. The scheme also provides coverage for pre-existing conditions, maternity benefits and ambulance charges. The CMHIS Nagaland provides financial protection to the citizens of the state against the cost of hospitalization and medical treatment.
Overview of CMHIS Nagaland
|Name of the Scheme||CMHIS Nagaland|
|Launched by||Chief minister of Nagaland, Neiphiu Rio|
|Objective||To provide free healthcare services|
|Benefits||Having access to services that are paperless and cashless|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must be a resident of Nagaland|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the Nagaland State|
Benefits of CMHIS Nagaland
Here are some of the benefits under the Scheme which are as follows:
- Health insurance of 5 lakh rupees per family per year will be given under the Scheme.
- All beneficiaries will have access to cashless and paperless services up to the value of their annual allowance.
- Hospitalization and medication costs as well as the price of pre and post-hospitalization care, will be covered as part of the control plan for each Benefactor Family Unit (BFU).
- Dependents of employees will get additional free health insurance under CMHIS.
- State government employees will get free health insurance coverage.
- Pensioners will also be able to get enrolled in the Scheme.
Following are the conditions for the eligibility under the Scheme:
- Applicants must be from the state of Nagaland in order to be eligible for the programme.
- State government employees, retirees, former legislators and their dependents who are classified as CMHIS (EP).
- Every one of the State’s indigenous and permanent dwellers who do not qualify for coverage by AB PM-JAY as well as those who are not State employees or pensioners, including former legislators are classified as CMHIS (GEN).
To register yourself under the chief minister’s Health Insurance Scheme, you have to possess the following documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Nagaland Domicile Certificate
- Pensioner ID or Employee ID
- PAN Card
- Bank Passbook
- Mobile Number
Online Application Procedure CMHIS Nagaland
To apply under this Scheme you will have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the Official Website of the Scheme.
- On homepage click on “REGISTER”.
- Fill the application form with personal details, family details, income details and medical history.
- Submit the complete application form along with the necessary documents to the nearest Common Service Center (CSC) in your area or the empanelled hospital.
- The CSC or the empanelled hospital will verify the application form and documents and upload the details to the online portal.
- The insurance provider will verify the application and approve or reject the application based on the eligibility criteria.
Dept. of Health & Family Welfare