Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023 :- Bhagwant Singh Mann, the chief minister of Punjab has introduced the Student Police Cadet (SPC) Scheme in an effort to provide students a full understanding of the police system and include them as active participants in government and security. In this article you get every information regarding this scheme such as benefits, objectives, eligibility criteria, required documents and registration procedure.
Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
The Student Police Cadet Scheme has been introduced by the Punjab government. Students will learn about how the police work under this scheme. The government has given each school Rs 50,000 as part of the program. As part of their education, students will tour government buildings such as police departments, stations, cyber cells, forensic science labs, police training facilities and more.
Since the scheme will be in place for two years, everyone in Class 8 for the academic year 2023-2024 is eligible for the SPC Program in Class 9. 280 Government schools will be covered under the students Police Cadet Scheme with each school hosting a batch of 40 students. Thus, over the next two years a total of 11,200 Students will profit from the scheme.
Overview of Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
|Name of the Yojana||Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023|
|Launched by||State Government of Punjab|
|Introduced on||22 August 2023|
|Objective||To be informed about how the police work|
Objective of Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
A large percentage of individuals are unaware of how police forces operate. Make sure that students are conversant with the SPC Scheme which the state government has started. Students may participate in governance and security as partners with the aid of this scheme.
Benefits of Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
The list of benefits of this scheme is given below:
- The scheme will provide students a foundational understanding of how police forces operate.
- 11,200 students in the State would be covered under the SPC Scheme Punjab.
- The State Government allots Rs.50,000 each school annually for this.
- The Student Police Cadet Program will instruct students about both indoor and outdoor activities.
- For the next two years a scheme will be presented for the 8th grade students. For students in classes 8 and 9 this can be a continuing procedure throughout the school year.
- Students will get in depth knowledge on a range of topics including a review of crime trends, cybercrime, child safety, road safety, awareness workshops on drug usage, corruption, female genital mutilation, first aid, emergency response to disasters, domestic violence and quiz competitions.
- The Student Police Cadet Yojana will assist students in being more familiar with state police.
The list of eligibility criteria of this scheme is given below:
- The applicant must be live Punjab
- Only eighth-grade students are currently chosen under this scheme.
The list of required documents of this scheme is given below:
- Aadhaar Card
- Student ID Card
- Mobile Number
Applying Procedure of Punjab Student Police Cadet Scheme 2023
The State Government has recently launched this scheme and therefore they didn’t provide any information on how to apply for the SPC Scheme. However, they will announce this scheme’s introduction as soon as possible. When it happens, we’ll update this post as well.