West Bengal Marriage Registration Application Form Pdf 2023, Eligibility | WB Marriage Registration Status Check at rgmwb.gov.in, Certificate
A marriage registration certificate is a legal proof that two people are married to each other. Marriages in our country are registered under “Hindu Marriage Act, 1954”, “Special Marriage Act, 1954”, “Indian Christian Marriage Act, 1872”, and Parsi Marriage Act, 1936. The Supreme Court of India made marriage registration mandatory in the year 2006. This is done for the welfare of women in our country. Here we will provide you all the information about applying for WB Marriage Registration today.
We are going to share in this article the process of West Bengal Marriage Registration Online, link to download West Bengal Marriage Registration Application Form and all other important details are given in the below article. you want to know all in detail, you have to read this article carefully till the end.
West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023
As we know marriage certificate is a certificate which legally gives proof that two people are marrying each other. It provides social security to women. Also, it is necessary to change or obtain a passport, ration card, PAN card, and other important documents. If you are a resident of West Bengal and want to make your marriage certificate, then you can make it through both offline and online processes.
For the convenience of the people of West Bengal, the Government of West Bengal has issued a website for West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023 .In the website you can fill the marriage registration form online. In this article, we are going to provide you all the information about both online and offline processes in detail.
WB Marriage Registration Details in Highlights
|Name of the department||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Issued||Marriage registration certificate|
|Issued in||West Bengal|
|Issued to||Wedded couples|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Other Scheme||Bangla Sahayata Kendra|
There is some eligibily criteria for those couples who want to get a marriage certificate. The criteria that are required to be fulfilled are mentioned below:
- The age of the bride should be above 18 years and age of the groom should be above 21 years.
- Husband and wife coming in search of marriage certificate must be already married and living together.
- The spouse should not have another spouse to obtain a marriage registration certificate.
- The couple has to stay for at least for one month in the district where they want to apply for a marriage registration certificate.
- Copies of Aadhar card of bride and groom
- Residential proof
- Age certificate of both bride and groom
- Recent picture of bride and groom
- Marriage proof like invitation card etc.
- WB Online Marriage Registration Fees
- If you want to do your registration within 2 months of marriage, then you have to pay a fee of Rs.200
- If the registration is done after two months of marriage, then you will have to pay double the fee of Rs.400 for the same.
West Bengal Marriage Online Registration Process
If you want to do your marriage registration online you have to follow some steps that’s are mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to go to its official website.
- Here you will see the home page.
- Then you will see in the homepage there is a option on right side “Register Your Marriage
- Then you have to click on the “Register Your Marriage”.
- After clicking, a new page will open in front of you.
- There you will see the information to apply.
- You have to click on the link “Click Here To Apply Online” here.
- After that, the registration form will open in front of you.
- Then you have to fill in the details of the bride, details of the groom, and the details of the place of marriage, etc.
- After this, you have to attach all the required documents with the form.
- Finally you have to “Submit” the form after completing all the further processes.
- In this way you can easily apply for your marriage certificate online.
West Bengal Marriage Certificate Offline Application Process
If you want to apply for a marriage certificate offline then you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to get the marriage certificate application form.
- You can get it from the registrar’s office in your area.
- Or you can also download the application form through the official website.
- Then you have to download West Bengal Marriage Certificate Application Form PDF.
- the form, you have to take a printout of it.
- you have to fill all the information asked in it.
- all the information you have to attach the required documents with the form.
- After adding the documents you have to submit the completely filled form to the office of the concerned department.
- After, after verifying your application, your certificate will be issued.
If you have any query related to West Bengal Marriage Registration or any kind of problem, then you can contact on the helpline number given below.
- Phone number- 033-22259398
- Fax- 033-22259308
- Email ID- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org