Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana 2023 :- is the initiative of Karnataka Government, in which the senior citizens aged 65 years will not have to go to Government offices or any other offices to receive a sum of up to Rs.1200/- every month, which will enable them to fulfill the basic needs during their old age. The government is also providing some additional benefits like free bus passes to travel in KSRTC, medical and daycare facilities, etc.This article will provide you the details about the scheme including Highlights, Benefits & Features, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Procedure to Apply etc.
Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana 2023
Sandhya Suraksha Yojana is launched for senior citizens aged 65 years or above to provide help and save the lives from financial distress. The Scheme by the Karnataka State Government is designed to extend financial aid and support senior citizens residing in the state. Those elderly individuals in need of increased care can get the benefit from this program. In addition with this, the scheme offers a monthly pension to participants, empowering them to manage essential expenses related to senior citizens’ necessities.
Highlights of Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
|Name of the Scheme
|Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
|Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri Siddaramaiah
|Elderly people from Karnataka State
|Providing Old Age Pension
|It will provide financial assistance to older citizens of Karnataka State
|Up to Rs. 1200/- per month
Objectives of Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
Some of the objectives of the Scheme are as follow:
- The prime objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to elderly people to fulfil their basic requirement.
- Another objective is to grant monetary aid and healthcare privileges to senior citizens who might lack ample resources to sustain their livelihood.
Benefits & Features of Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
Here we have provided some of the benefits & features of the scheme:
- Pension Amount of up to Rs. 1200/-will be provided.
- Free bus passes to travel in KSRTC, medical and daycare facilities will also be provided.
- In addition to the monthly pension, the government will work with NGOs to help the beneficiaries by financing their access to medical care.
- Identity cards will be issued to the beneficiaries by the NGOs helping the Government to implement the program.
- The NGOs would receive a payment of Rs. 25 for each identity card that is issued.
- At various locations, there are help lines that will receive assistance from the police department and NGOs. The police will react to every senior citizen’s stress call.
The candidates applying for Sandhya Suraksha Yojana should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicants must reside permanently in Karnataka.
- The applicant must be 65 years of age or older.
- According to certification from the local revenue authorities, the proposed pensioner’s and his or her spouse’s total annual income cannot exceed Rs. 20,000/-.
- The combined bank balance maintained by the pensioner and his spouse cannot exceed Rs. 10,000/-.
- People who receive an old age pension, a destitute widow pension, a pension for a physical disability or any other type of pension from a public or private source are not eligible for this programme.
The important documents required for the Sandhya Suraksha Yojana are as follows:
- Residence Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Bank passbook
- Occupational certification to be signed by the Tehsildar of the respective Taluk
- Age Proof like SSLC Marks card, Passport, Ration card, Driving License, Election card, etc.
Process to Apply under Sandhya Suraksha Yojana
To apply for Karnataka Sandhya Suraksha Yojana please follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the Official Website of Sandhya Suraksha Yojana that is sevasindhuservices.karnataka.gov.in
- On homepage, click on the “Register Now” option.
- Register yourself on the portal and after successful registration, log in with the details.
- Select the “Apply for Sandhya Suraksha Yojana” option.
- An application form will appear on your screen.
- Enter the required details in the application form.
- Click on the submit option.
- Now you have successfully applied for the Yojana.