West Bengal Scholarship 2023 – covering 8 major scholarships in the form of subsidiary scholarship initiatives, has been launched with the active involvement of the major departments so that the students belonging to each relevant beneficiary category will be able to receive the scholarship amounts for pursuing or undertaking relevant classes or degrees. We will provide you all the information you need about the West Bengal Scholarship 2023 through this post, including its benefits, required documents, eligible criteria, objectives and registration procedure.
West Bengal Scholarship 2023
The West Bengal Scholarship Scheme was established by the WB government to protect students from economically disadvantaged groups and enable them to receive social security payments or other forms of social assistance. Each student from each separate group such as a minority community, SC or ST community will be covered by these five scholarships.
In order to pursue post matric classes from classes 9 through 12 as well as UG degrees up to PHD degrees students who live in West Bengal and fall under one of the eligible categories SC, ST or Minority can now apply online for The duty of carrying out each subsidiary scholarship project has been assigned to a number of groups.
Overview West Bengal Scholarship 2023
|Initiated by||West Bengal Government|
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Pre Matric Scholarship|
|Official Website||www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in and oasis.gov.in|
|Start Date of Submitting Application Form||1st April 2023|
|Application Form Status||Online|
|Recipients||Minor Children of West Bengal|
|Benefits||To provide financial help|
|Last Date to Submit Application||30th June 2023|
|Category||West Bengal Scheme/Award|
Objective for West Bengal Scholarship 2023
The West Bengal Scholarship was established with the main goal of exploring and expanding educational and employment opportunities for students from the SC or ST communities. This will allow them to lay the groundwork for their future and make an investment or contribution that will last for the duration of their careers.
Benefits for West Bengal Scholarship 2023
The benefits for this scholarship is given below:
- The WB Scholarship will enable students to get support and financial assistance.
- A list of 8 scholarships will be provided to students for application.
- The SC, ST, OBC and Minority communities will receive this grant for students.
- The students would receive a stipend worth Rs. 33,000 for taking technical and professional courses.
- This will protect the interests of the students who attend school in the state of WB.
- Every year, girls will be eligible to apply for and receive a 2,000 rupee book award.
- For the purpose of attending pre matric lessons SC and ST students shall each receive financial help in the amount of Rs. 750 per month.
The Eligibility Criteria for this scholarship is given below:
- Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities WB:
- The candidate must be a student residing in the state of West Bengal who obtained or secured 75% of the possible points in their class 10th or 12th grade examination or if they are pursuing a graduate degree, 53% of the possible points in their UG test. The student’s family’s maximum annual income is restricted to Rs. 2,50,000.
- Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship WB:
- Only female students who have completed their 12th grade and are pursuing careers in engineering, medicine, or basic science will be eligible for these grants.
- The student must fall under the SC, ST or OBC benefit categories and be enrolled in classes from 11th grade to graduate school. The student’s yearly income cannot exceed Rs.1 lakh for OBC applicants and Rs. 2,50,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students:
- The candidate must be a member of a scheduled caste or tribe and enrolled in 9 or 10th grade with an annual income of Rs. 2,50,000.
Hindi Scholarship Scheme WB
- The student must have Hindi as their primary subject at the undergraduate level and have received at least 60% on their previous year’s test.
The documents needed for this scholarship is given below:
- The application must have Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate
- Admission Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Educational Certificate
- Income Certificate
- College ID Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- College or Course Fee Receipt
- Bank Details
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
Registration Procedure West Bengal Scholarship 2023
|Name of Scholarship||Provider Name|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||Government of WB|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata|
|WB Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of WB|
|WB Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of WB|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of WB|